Sunday, September 26, 2010

Moderated: Thoughts From A Conservative Mom (blog): Dr. Gottheil's 'Statement of Concern is now posted at PetitionsOnline.com...

Though I submitted the following comment to the "Thoughts From A Conservative Mom" blog post
Prof calls fellow academics ‘sanctimonious bigots’ on 9/25/2010, the fact that other posts and comments were posted there, but my comment never showed up, lead me to believe that my comment was moderated away. A visit to my blog from an administrator at this blog (thanks web traffic counter) later that day pretty much confirmed it. My comment:
Dr. Gottheil's Statement of Concern is now posted at PetitionsOnline.com, and is accepting signatures from anyone willing to speak out against human rights abuses in the Middle East. As you're obviously interested in the story, I urge you to step up and sign it: Support Regarding Discrimination in the Middle East against Women, Gays, and Lesbians Petition

Obviously, we'll be counting on everyone here to reply to this request.
Here's how I made note of it at the blog post where I'm tracking these "invites to sign the Statement" that I'm posting on rightwing blogs:
9/25 - *** Rachel at 'Thoughts From A Conservative Mom' here, obviously doesn't really care much about the rights of muslim women or gay folks, because she chose not to allow my comment about signing Dr Gottheil's Statement of Concern to appear. Not only didn't she reply to Dr Gottheil's plea (very much like those "sanctimonious, bigoted" academics failed to do), she doesn't want her readers to reply, either. Let human rights be someone else's problem, I guess... Sanctimony and hypocrisy walk hand in hand, sometimes... ***
Needless to say, I'm disappointed in her...

No comments: