Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moderated: American Power (blog): Dr. Gottheil's 'Statement of Concern is now posted at PetitionsOnline.com...

Sometime on Friday, 9/24/2010, I submitted the following comment to the American Power blog post 'Sanctimonious Bigots' – Leftist Professors and Double Standards. (I can't recall the actual time, except to say it was before 9:30 PM.):
Dr. Gottheil's Statement of Concern is now posted at PetitionsOnline.com, and is accepting signatures from anyone willing to speak out against human rights abuses in the Middle East. As you're obviously interested in the story, I urge you to step up and sign it: Support Regarding Discrimination in the Middle East against Women, Gays, and Lesbians Petition

Obviously, we'll be counting on everyone here to reply to this request.
After waiting about 12 hours, I noted the following at the blog post where I've been tracking responses to my "sign the Statement against human rights abuses in the Middle East" commentary on rightwing blogs:
9/25 - *** Dr. Douglas has added several posts to his blog since I submitted my comment, so I reluctantly have to assume that he has rejected my comment asking he and his readers to step up and sign Dr. Gottheil's Statement of Concern. As he is both a conservative and an academic in the field of political science, I'm most disappointed in his obvious lack of concern for the human rights of women, gays, and lesbians in the Middle East. Given the chance to reply (figuratively, anyway) to Dr Gottheil's e-mail plea--a plea we can be almost certain Dr Douglas received and read--he chose not to step up, just like those "leftist" (and likely "nihilist" or "demonic," too) professors that he posted about failed to do. Double standard? You decide. ***
One has to wonder why Dr Douglas did not allow that comment to post, effectively refusing to reply to the Statement of Concern (or for that matter, allow his readers to do so), just like the professors he criticizes. Could it be that he is exhibiting the same kinda double standards that he's railing about in his post? One has to wonder...

No comments: