Thursday, February 18, 2010

On family values and pretty pictures

In reply to American Power: Karen Allow and Baby LuLu:
-----------------

I'm fine with women exploiting themselves (or not exploiting themselves, for that matter). Having that choice is what freedom's all about, and I applaud her for telling her critics to STFU, whether it be about the photos of herself she chooses to post, or the make-up of her family. I feel the same way about her pix critics as I did about Meghan McCain's "boob" pic critics from aways back, and the same about her moral (& legal) right to be a single mom as I do about gay folks and their marital/family situations.

I'm all for less holier-than-thou criticism of people who don't live their lives exactly as you believe they should, and more live and let live.
-------------

Submitted for moderator approval 2/18/10, 12:55 PM (or so), IM blog time

No comments: